Jabber (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Closing Jabber connection)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Tue May 3 15:07:20 EDT 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> I think it would be good to clarify the overall objective. Lots of folks
> are interested in building a full reference implementation of the XMPP
> RFCs and various JEPs (probably those which have reached Draft in the
> JSF's standards process) in Python, but that seems like a major server
> effort rather than something which would necessarily go into Twisted.
> But perhaps I'm wrong about that. ;-)

Twisted _is_ a major server effort.  What did you think it was? :)

Seriously though, I would like to see more stuff like this go into
Twisted if possible.  The more functionality is built into the core, the
more consistent that functionality will become over time, and the more
different kinds of applications can access it.