[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r13213 - Connection timeouts raise _error.TimeoutError_, not defer.TimeoutError.

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Mar 17 10:26:39 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:52:06 -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 07:42 -0700, Jp Calderone wrote:
>
> >              self.connector = connector
> > -            if not reason.check(error.UserError) or reason.check(defer.TimeoutError):
> > +            if not reason.check(error.UserError) or reason.check(error.TimeoutError):
> >                  self.retry()
>
> Maybe we should just drop the UserError thing? It's causing way too many
> bugs. Also, why are error.TimeoutError and defer.TimeoutError different?

  error.TimeoutError is a general t.internet timeout error.  defer.TimeoutError is the except used when a setTimeout timeout expires.

  The latter should obviously not exist, since Deferred.setTimeout should not even exist.  I think the change I made is the most appropriate given the current proximity to 2.0.

  Jp