[Twisted-Python] help with InsecureJelly for unkown objects inclasses

Ben Olsen bolsen at verio.net
Thu Mar 17 09:58:08 MST 2005

Henning,

I realize the error isn't specific to pygame in any way, I was just
hoping to give everyone enough context. I'm getting the error because a
pygame.Rect isn't a jellyable object. But so far I haven't been able to
make a jellyable object out of it. The problem for me is that this Rect
object is inside of another class (i.e. a GameState class). I can set
pb.Copyable and pb.RemoteCopy on the GameState class, and it goes back
and forth just fine, but *only* if I remove the pygame.Rect attributes
from it.

I searched the twisted site for "declare pb.Copyable once," and even
just the word "Henning," but I couldn't find any threads about this. And
unfortunately the howto doesn't help, since all it shows is how to send
a simple class back and forth, which I can do fine.

Any other suggestions for getting a class with non-standard objects in
it to jelly properly?

Ben