[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted and the Posh Module

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Mon Mar 14 15:27:16 MST 2005

Ah, so *that* is why the SANE GUI frontend I'm writing [1] pauses
scanning and window events when it's using PIL to generate a thumbnail
of the last page scanned, despite my use of deferToThread. A unit test
I wrote with time.sleep() passed just fine, and I threw my hands up and
walked away. Thanks for shedding light on what was very confusing and
frustrating behavior.

[1] spdf: "Scan to PDF," GPL. A Twisted-driven application with,
shockingly, absolutely no networking. Coming soon to a download URL
near you...

---
Ed Suominen
Registered Patent Agent
Open-Source Software Author (yes, both...)
Web Site: http://www.eepatents.com