[Twisted-Python] Twisted and the Posh Module

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Mon Mar 14 10:37:46 MST 2005

Has anyone tried playing with Twisted and the posh module? I need to do
some CPU-intensive stuff inside the reactor, which unfortunately holds
on to the GIL. I was thinking of just making a deferToPosh() type of
method in the spirit of deferToThread(), but forking on each operation
would be pretty expensive. Which brings up the question of having
process pools.

Has anyone done anything like this? I don't really need any interaction
between the worker processes and Twisted, so in theory I could spawn off
some worker processes early and just communicate queues of tasks to
complete, independent of Twisted and the reactor.

-Ken