[Twisted-Python] multicast multi-listen not working or just not working on OSX?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Mar 10 09:43:56 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:12 -0500, jarrod roberson wrote:

> what is the correct way to write a protocol handler that will
> multilisten on a multicast socket?

In Twisted 2.0 there's a flag to listenMulticast that lets you do this.
Also look in my sandbox for some prelim zeroconf code (enough to be able
to read info, not good enough to publish).

> regardless is there a fix to get twisted to work, this application
> will eventually be deployed in an linux or solaris environment so if
> it is an OSX thing I can just find another box to test it on.

On Linux there seems to be a movement to standardize on the howl
mdnsresponder, but that'll take a while. Probably you want your mdns
library to use system version if available, otherwise its own.