[Twisted-Python] Twisted Logging?

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de
Thu Mar 10 01:59:34 MST 2005

>For more discussion of stdlib logging specifically:
>http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue307

Thank you. I won't question that your points are valid.

I'm very much used to "standard logging" with its possibilities to write all the stuff to a file, send a mail on error and filter everything after source, level etc. And because it's kind of standard I can simply use the same logging format from Perl, VB.NET and Python. (Draw your wreath of garlic, but here's a lot of different code to keep together.)

I'm convinced twisted's possibilities are better, but its logging isn't that extensive (yet). And I find the logging API rather chaotic.

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.