[Twisted-Python] Twisted 2.0 prerelease (close!!)

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Mar 9 23:18:48 MST 2005

On Mar 10, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
> 2005/03/09 16:53 EST [HTTPChannel,2,127.0.0.1]
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py:216:
> exceptions.UserWarning: SSL connection shutdown possibly unreliable,
> please upgrade to ver 0.XX

I think I'll just remove that warning. It's warning about a situation
which I believe *may* never actually be able to happen: during final
connection shutdown, the socket is reported writable, but OpenSSL is
for some reason unable to write the final packet. I looked through the
code, and while I wasn't able to convince myself it couldn't happen, I
did convince myself that it was rather unlikely, at least. If that does
happen somehow, (and you aren't using "0.XX" of pyOpenSSL), twisted has
no way of ever finding out. Thus the warning telling you to upgrade.

About the "0.XX": Back around the beginning of November, I sent some
patches to the maintainer of PyOpenSSL to add the requisite new method
to it. While he responded in the affirmative that the patches were
good, there has been no activity since then. Thus the lack of a real
version number.

James