[Twisted-Python] Developers, I need your help with 2.0

Ralph Meijer twisted at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Mar 9 07:17:43 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 08:54:25PM +1100, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> I plan on releasing 2.0 *for real* early next week.
>
> [...]
>
> Words: Jp, Glyph, ...?
> Xish: Uh, what's that guy's name? Dave or something? I don't think
> he's been very involved.

Dave Smith (dizzyd). He's currently occupied with other, non-Twisted stuff. For
a while now, I have been talking with Dave about taking over his job of
maintaining the Jabber related bits in Twisted, which includes what has now
been moved to words/protocols/jabber and xish.

Last week, I've gone over all of the issues that were assigned to him, and
added some patches for most of them. Dave committed these for me last weekend,
so most of his issues are closed, now. There's one issue, 912, that adds
stringprep checking to Jabber IDs, which I would very much like to have in
before 2.0 is released. It only needs a few test cases, which I will fix up
later today.

In short, and in agreement with Dave, I'd like to offer maintainership of these
modules. I have some plans about future developments, but that can be discussed
later, I guess.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm