[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r13334 - Make log.err and log.msg actually threadsafe, by executing them in the

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Mar 30 19:26:07 EST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:44:24 +1000, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:51:03PM +0000, Jp Calderone wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >   I started on a bunch of threadless fixes.  Now that 2.0 is out the door
> >   it might be time to pull them back into trunk.  The code is in
> >   /branches/exarkun/threadless/ if anyone wants to look/contribute.
>
> Would this benefit from using the dummy_thread/dummy_threading modules from
> Python 2.4?
>
> -Andrew.

  I don't think I understand the point of those modules.  As far as I can tell they are almost never useful.  For Twisted's main use (deferToThread), they definitely aren't.

  Even so, we still need to support 2.2 for a while.  The branch I referred to mainly just disables functionality until the parts of Twisted that really don't care about threads work again.

  Jp