[Twisted-Python] loseConnection should stop the int32/int16 stringReceived too

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Mar 15 19:54:45 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:14:52 +0100, Andrea Arcangeli <andrea at cpushare.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:29:35PM -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> > We probably ought to add an API, since the functionality appears to be
> > useful.
>
> What about just adding .disconnecting to the other transports too then?
> That already exists and I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with it
> (especially with the property feature of python that won't leave us
> locked into a fixed value). Then incidentally my patch will become
> correct too ;).

  The right way would be to add a 'state' attribute to all transports and have one possible value of it be 'disconnecting' (or DISCONNECTING, whatever ;).  The disconnecting attribute is problematic as a symptom of a larger internal problem (a lack of clarity as to the possible states and state transitions a transport can be in and go through).

  Jp