[Twisted-Python] potential bug in the reactor's handling events loop

Andrzej Leszczynski leszczynscy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 17:57:20 EST 2005

James Y Knight wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Andrzej Leszczynski wrote:
>
>> Andrzej Leszczynski wrote:
>>
>>> Python 2.3, one of the latest Twisted version:
>>

>> Is this list alive. If no, what is the place I might ask for a help. I
>> am quite new to the Python (but no to the development), so sorry for
>> asking such a question.
>

> I ignored your message because 1) The patch is unreadable, and backwards
> (please use unified diff format) 2) at first glance appears to just add
> print statements, and 3) It's not a problem that I've ever had.
>
> I suspect other people did the same.
>
> James

Sorry for the shortcuts.  It was not a patch but rather what I touched
to make it working. I promise to use diff -u next time. print-s were my
way of debugging.

Re the problem itself. I still encounter it under newest version of
Twisted 1.3 and Python on Linux 2.4. But not on M$. Since it is a part
of bigger construct I work on I can just send the sources. As soon as
get some time I will send the narrowed down version.

For now I can suspect it is related to the threads I use in it
extensively. I atested that reactor without those threads is ctrl-c-able.

I will come back to that at some point, it still intrigues me and is IMO
the best way to learn internals of any framework ...

Thx,
A.