[Twisted-Python] Twisted Logging?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Mar 9 10:03:14 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 13:22 +0100, Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de wrote:
> Is there already an integration of Python 2.3 standard logging module into twisted?

You can have Twisted  logged events go to Python logging.
twisted.python.log.addObserver(f). f() gets called with dictionary
whicch you can look at and pass to logging.msg or whatever it's called.

> Or can I just use it without any asynchronous wrapper?

If you use a blocking backend to logging (sockets, database, syslog -
writing to file is fine, mostly) this will make your twisted app
unresponsive. Otherwise that should be fine.