[Twisted-Python] Problem: spawnProcess() never ending when installSignalHandlers=False

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Tue Jun 14 00:38:02 MDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 11:40 PM, Matt Feifarek wrote:
> Oh well. Time to find a new way.

I'd suggest continuing to do it the way you are currently. While
installSignalHandlers may be undocumented, it's not just going to
disappear overnight. If you use that parameter and
task.LoopingCall(process.reapAllProcesses).start(1.0, now=False)
then I'd say you're on fairly safe ground for the immediate future.

Overall we do a good job of keeping backwards compatibility even for
APIs that may not be completely official, so it's unlikely to just up
and disappear.

James