[Twisted-Python] wxreactor: dead close button

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Tue Jun 7 23:11:14 MDT 2005

Jp Calderone wrote:

> Shining wonder though it may be, threaded select reactor is still
> missing some niceties - for example, unit tests.  It would be nice to
> have both documentation and tests before encouraging (well, any more
> than has been done) the world that tsr is the greatest thing since
> sliced bread.

Saying it's the greatest thing since wxsupport.py is considerably less
of a ringing endorsement :).  It should also have more tests, but then,
what in Twisted shouldn't?  I'm just saying it needs docs.

> There is also the matter of threaded non-select reactors.  What do I do
> if I want poll?  (The answer right now is "write threaded poll reactor"
> which is fine if _I_ am asking the question, but less than ideal from
> most people's perspective).

There is no reason to abandon existing _working_ reactors - for example,
I have a soft spot for gtk2reactor.  Still, I think it makes sense to
abandon the ones we know are broken and have no serious plan to fix,
like wx (and maybe qt, from looking at the buildbot?).  Also it makes
sense to have some least-common-denominator for working with really
weird event loops, like the event loop one might find on a handheld
device, such as fltk or the neutrino gui...  (I have never actually
worked with either of those, they're just examples)