[Twisted-Python] Accurate delays in callLater

Sébastien Pierre sebastien-lists at type-z.org
Thu Jun 23 13:44:02 EDT 2005

Hi !

Le 23 juin 05 à 19:30, Bob Ippolito a écrit :

> Additionally, the precision of reactor.callLater is only as good as
> the precision of the reactor's primitive for timing (select, in the
> default reactor).  The precision of select varies widely based on
> the platform.
>
> You might have more luck with twisted.internet.task.LoopingCall

This makes me want to ask if Twisted is able to run "smooth real
time" processes. Say for instance that I have to run a process every
second (with a precision of 0.1s). Can I be sure that after having
run for 1 hours the process will have been executed 3600 times ? same
for 1 day, 1 week, etc ?

The underlying question is wether Twisted supports periodic process
that synchronize on the clock, and if so, how does it prevent delay
propagation ?

TIA,

  -- Sébastien