[Twisted-Python] Setting up OSCAR bot in twisted

Jason Mobarak jason.mobarak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:53:22 EDT 2005

On 6/14/05, Daniel Henninger <jadestorm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
[... stuff about Daniel working on OSCAR support ...]
> > It's yours.  :)
>
> Ok so, that said, how do I go about updating oscar.py (when it comes time)?

I can't speak for the powers at be but generally you'd follow the
general process of:

- File a "bug" (really it's an issue, something that needs more
centralized tracking than email can support).  Twisted's bug tracker
is used for feature requests and improvements made by people without
commit access.

- Use the bug to communicate future work on the issue

- Check out a copy of Twisted's Subversion repository.  Work off that.
 Make diff when you're satisfied with your changes.  Attach the diff
to Twisted's issue/bug tracker and when someone with commit access
feels that it's properly documented and the quality is high enough
it'll get committed.

That seems to be the general process.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

,,Jason