[Twisted-Python] Setting up OSCAR bot in twisted

Paul Swartz z3p at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 13 20:47:41 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 14:17 -0700, Ed Colmar wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I stumbled upon the twisted framework while looking for OSCAR support
> for python.
>
> I have built a py-TOC AIM bot, that is working in most situations, but
> is unable to communicate with certain AIM accunts (specifically the ones
> inside the matrix online MMORPG).
>
> I am curious to know how unstable the OSCAR implementaion is, because I
> saw the warning at the top of the code.

'Unstable' means the code could possibly change frequently.  In reality,
I don't do much development on it, and so it rarely changes.

> I have been gettting the struct.error (in readSNAC) that it appears
> others have seen.  Is there a workaround for this?

Are you using Twisted 2.x?  It should be fixed in there.  If not, file a
bug with the tracker and I'll take a look.

-p
--
       Paul Swartz
(o_    http://z3p.livejournal.com/  _o)