[Twisted-Python] Receiving large packets with TCP

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:58:44 EDT 2005

On 7/11/05, Stefan Näwe <naewe.s at atlas.de> wrote:
> I'm having trouble receiving the whole contents of large telegrams.
> For example one telegram is exactly 7452 bytes long but I only get
> 2920 bytes.

> Some parts of my code:
>
> class MyReceiver(Protocol):
>
>     def dataReceived(self, data):
>         if __debug__: log.msg("Received %d bytes" % len(data))

dataReceived will be called with arbitrarily-sized chunks of data. You
can never assume how much data will be given to you. If you're
expecting more, buffer it until you receive everything you need.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |