[Twisted-Python] Error in example source

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Jan 25 19:30:48 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 03:00:07PM -0800, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In this source (part of the tutorial at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/pb-copyable):
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/listings/pb/copy_receiver.py
>
> When you run it, it does nothing and exits. Could somebody let me know what
> needs to be added to actually fire the service up?

This example is misnamed -- it should be copy_receiver.tac.  "tac" stands
for "Twisted Application Configuration", and is run with "twistd -y".
twistd doesn't actually care what the file's extension is, so you can run it
with:

    twistd -noy copy_receiver.py

(see the twistd(1) man page and the twisted.application howto:
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/application)

I'll fix the docs to make this clearer.

-Andrew.