[Twisted-Python] live - debug?

Luciano Andrade andrade_luciano_a at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jan 25 15:53:06 EST 2005

 --- Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>
escribió:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:53 -0300, Luciano Andrade
> wrote:
> > Hello every one...I start using twisted matrix and
> > develop an aplication (both server and client)
> > realativly easy but it seems every once in a wille
> the
> > server (some times the client too) hung showing
> > traceback from an error, the problem is that the
> > software works, but i like to put some debug(or a
> log
> > system) to see if  ther server  crashed (sometimes
> > acsidentally crash the reactor), can any one use
> > something like that, also I like to use some sort
> of
> > restart-on-halt system. Any ideas (except
> > gramatical/ortographics corrections) are wellcome.
>
> You can have code that runs everytime an exception
> is logged:
>
> twisted.python.log.addObserver(f)
>
> f(aDict) will be called for every logged message,
> including
> exceptions/failures. Just make sure f() doesn't
> raise exceptions itself
> or it will get removed.
>
> If you have code that crashes the *reactor*, i.e.
> twisted quits, that's
> a bug in twisted and you should add a report ot
> http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/.

when I say that crashes the *reactor* i mean that the
server borke the conection with the client(the
protocol  crahses acording with i understud) but
others clients later are unhable to connect (in the
server dos-box continuosly showing a traceback)

PS: thaks for the micro-example, I just read about the
log class and don't know where get simple exmaples.
Any sujestions.