[Twisted-Python] VFS

Timothy Stebbing tjs at nunatak.com.au
Sun Jan 23 16:38:15 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 14:22 +0100, Tim Terlegård wrote:
> > >Also, IMHO, simpleftpclient.py and simplesshclient.py should differ only
> > >one or very few lines, the authentication part. Everything else should
> > >be the same.
> > >
> > >Am I making sense? What do you think about this?
> >
> > "Yes please".
>
> You're saying that VFS is a good idea and that I should implement it?
> As I'm no twisted guru I'd like some guidance, please. Has this been
> thought about before? Is something like this considered for 2.0? Are
> there any difficulties implementing it?
>
> Tim

At some stage this year I'll be implementing a related thing for work,
most probably given back to twisted; A twisted VFS server, the concept
will be to provide a simple tree that represents a filesystem, which
will then be published via webDAV (which we will implement for twisted),
FTP, sambaVFS etc.. I guess this is the opposite of what your takling
about, your interested in a client to other existing services.

The reason I bring this up is that they seem like two halves of the same
project.

-tjs