[Twisted-Python] Question on new code development

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 11:28:19 EST 2005

Hi Bill (and everyone),

You might be interested to know that there's a Java package called Netty
(http://gleamynode.net/dev/projects/netty2/) that is very similar in
principle to Twisted, in that it allows you to write network clients and
servers in an efficient, event-based way.  I'm using it and have found it
very good - pretty simple to use and has been very reliable for me so far.
The scope of Netty isn't as large as Twisted, but the core of it is very
similar.

You might also like to read this paragraph on the future of Netty before you
start: http://gleamynode.net/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87.

Regards, Jon