[Twisted-Python] "Directory triggers" with kqueue using Twisted? (on MacOS X / FreeBSD)

Michal Suszko twisted at dry.pl
Mon Jan 17 14:52:14 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 January 2005 at 16:56:10 -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Neato. Who wants to fix up kqreactor, and then write a cross-platform
> file notification API that  uses kqueue when available?

Actually I'm playing with kqreactor right now, but before starting
serious work on it need to settle on new py-kqueue API first.

Results of first attempts to change kqreactor are very promising.
For example reactor's Waker implemented using kqueue's timer is much
simpler and way faster than FIFO ping-pong. Timers can be used for
CallLater as well...

Michal