[Twisted-Python] Re: More on PB Copyable Errors

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jan 7 16:20:08 EST 2005

Justin Johnson <justinjohnson at gmail.com> writes:

> Oh yeah, right.  I managed to entirely skip your comments on the
> security options.
>
> How about the attached patch?

Sorry on the delay - holidays and then I forgot about it :-(

I'm still on the fence with respect to having independent "jellyable"
checks.  My concern would be that having the independent checks of
what is suitable for jellying can be fragile with respect to coupling
with the actual jelly operation.  Even with the jellyable and security
checks there are some paths in the jellier code that could still fail
the operation.

I also think I liked your earlier attempts at keeping the change
within the CopyableFailure class (I may have missed why that changed),
although even there you'd have a double jelly since you'd have to
check the jelly attempt in getStateToCopy.  Although alternatively,
CopyableFailure could just implement its own jellyFor (rather than
getStateToCopy) which handled that more gracefully and with a single
jelly attempt on the value.

-- David