[Twisted-Python] twisted.enterprise.adbapi and connection pool problem

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 08:42:51 MST 2005

> Restart was clean, while nobody was connected to the daemon. IMHO it
> shouldn't go this way. Is there any solution to this problem? Or maybe
> must take care of myself and try to detect such occurence and recreate
> dbpool?

There's no need to recreate dbpool, basic reconnecting logic is already
there, if you look in SVN.

Specifically, look at the ConnectionPool class: There are two kwargs
that you can pass, cp_reconnect and cp_good_sql.

I use this version in production as part of a simple database uptime
monitor, and it works in a satisfactory manner.  You may need to trap
ConnectionLost errors in some cases, in order to re-send your original
query.

Hope this helps,

Daniel