[Twisted-Python] async code structure question

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Feb 10 14:44:29 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> You could have some fun converting these all to use reactor.callLater in
> the getDummyDeferred and getDummyDeferredTwo methods rather than using
> defer.succeed to generate an already fired Deferred :) (This will mean
> using reactor.run() in main.)

Re Jp's later post I will emphasise that while this is a nice exercise
to test your understanding, it is, indeed, not the way to make a method
that takes time suddenly non-blocking.

If anyone wants to rant at me on or off-list about blocking and
non-blocking code, I will take your words and Lore-ify them: that's
ahole in the docs.

-Mary