[Twisted-Python] Both pb.Copyable and pb.RemoteCopy: How to use?

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Wed Feb 9 15:58:38 MST 2005

Hi all!

I'm plugging through the pb docs, and a note says that if you want to send an
object over the wire in either direction, just make the desired class inherit
from both pb.Copyable and pb.RemoteCopy. That's cool. But, what to do after
that? Meaning, only the sender can grab a root object (pb.Root), and so only
the sender can send jellyable objects out.

I realize one answer to this would be to run a server on both sides, but I'm
in the situation where my client can contact my server, but not the other way
around. So, is it possible for the sender to contact the receiver, and then
for them to start swapping objects willy nilly? (Note that the next place I'm
going to take this is pb.Cacheable, so beware. :-) )

Thanks!

Steve Freitas