[Twisted-Python] re-entrancy question

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 03:57:29 MST 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:32:51 -0800, apocalypznow <apocalypznow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Twisted server application that also listens for other types
> of TCP connections on another port.  Upon receiving certain data on that
> other port, I make calls to objects subclassed from pb.Avatar.  Given
> that Twisted runs on one loop doing select(), I think I have a
> re-entrancy situation.  Is this:
> 1) dangerous?
> 2) why is it dangerous?
> 3) and how would I go about achieving what I want safely?

Are all of your TCP connections handled by Twisted? If that is the
case, and you're not doing anything weird with threads or something,
then you have no re-entering going on, and it is not dangerous at all.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
w----v----w-+    -- http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/hash