[Twisted-Python] New user questions

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Sun Feb 6 14:17:17 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 12:12 -0800, snacktime wrote:
> Maybe someone could show me the basic logic of how I would structure
> the following to be non blocking?
>
> 1.  Client sends message to server
> 2.  Server does an https POST to another server and gets a response
> 3.  Server sends a message back to the client and closes the connection.

Server receives data from client -> server sends POST to another server.
Server receives response from another server -> server sends message
back to client and closes connection.

Server sending POST would probably use twisted.web.client and be a
single function call, but internally be:
Open connection to another server.
Connection made -> send HTTP request.
HTTP response receoved -> do something.

Receiving data is:
Received data -> check if we've received enough to process protocol
message, if so process message, otherwise buffer data.