[Twisted-Python] Re: plus mode was Re: how winnt fileops work and what to do about it

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Dec 31 17:27:48 EST 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:16:39 -0800 (PST), Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com writes:
>
>> It seems like we can work around this more easily than that, considering
>> that flush and seek are available from Twisted; the file object causing
>> problems in the tests is being returned from the open() method of a
>> FilePath object, if I understand it correctly. FilePath could include the
>> workaround far in advance of Python deciding to.
>
>I'm pretty sure that the real problem we're trying to solve here is caused by
>a stuck process keeping a .pyd file open. Indeed, if you look at the
>buildslave's logs, you'll see the exception is as follows:

To clarify, there are many, many problems we are attempting to solve >:)  Confusingly, they seem to be predominantly filesystem related.

> exceptions.OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'c:\\buildslave\\win32-win32er\\W32-full2.4-win32er\\Twisted\\twisted\\protocols\\_c_urlarg.pyd'

This is definitely one of them.  Another is that trial's test_output and test_runner try to move a directory aside and fail for some reason.  Another is that some tests assert things about the behavior of files opened in 'r+b' mode, which does not behave the same way on Win32 as on POSIX.

Jean-Paul