[Twisted-Python] Twisted windows hackers - help the tests to pass!

Moof moof at metamoof.net
Sat Dec 31 02:15:33 EST 2005

On 12/31/05, glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:39:46 -0800, Cory Dodt <corydodt at twistedmatrix.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Well, let's start by looking at the buildslave environment itself.
> >http://tm.com/bb shows 21 errors.  Most of them appear to be identical
> >permission denied errors, which suggests a configuration problem
> >particular to that buildbot installation.
>
> Well, that's good to know!  Thanks for clearing that up.  Any clue what
> the particular misconfiguration might be?  I have never even seen that
> particular buildbot machine.  (I can volunteer another one through VNC for
> the buildbot maintainer to test with if that would help.)

It's not so much a misconfiguration, as an issue with the fact that trial on
Window s is failing to rename its _trial_temp folder, because there are
files inside it that are open. I've opened a bug on it over on <
http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue1387>. It's going to need a rethink on
how _trial_temp works, because my instant thought on how to solve was
"symlinks" and python doesn't support them on windows, mostly because
windows' own support of them is a tad on the "dont' ask, don't tell" side of
things, and NTFS-only anyway.

MFen tracked down an error involving "r+b" mode. Seems windows handling of
it is insane. See <http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue1386>. This could well
be a python bug, or a feature of windows.

Moof