[Twisted-Python] Problem w/ TNPE Example on Windows

Abe Fettig abe at fettig.net
Mon Dec 19 11:23:01 EST 2005

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

>>Reading the python documentation states that the "fcntl" module is
>>available on
>>Unix only. - Does that mean, that this example is working on Unix only or
>>what am I missing?
>

> That's right, unfortunately.  That example uses the twisted.internet.stdio
> module, which relies on fcntl (and the ability to pass the stdin/stdout file
> descriptors to select), which isn't available on Windows.

And unfortunately I failed to notice this while writing the book.
Apologies to Windows users. Is it really impossible to do asynchronous
IO on stdin/out on Windows? Anybody have any ideas for working around
the lack of fcntl? I'd be happy to contribute to an effort to make
twisted.internet.stdio run on Windows.

Abe