[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r13641 - No, consigning copyright means it is _not_ (C) you. Let's keep this file simple, please.

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Aug 29 20:17:07 MDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> However, while the legal advice I've received over the years has
> conflicted, folks seem pretty unanimous on the fact that this is
> confusing and tenuous legally.  Let's just put the names of *all* the
> individual contributors back into the license.

This is an OK resolution to me. For that matter, so would firming up the
legal position of consignment, but I hear nought but a soft sighing
sound where we'd want volunteers to do that work.

-Mary

--
<spiv> AaronSw: You should never, ever be creating a transport... Twisted is supposed to do that for you.
<AaronSw> I should never create the tcp.Client stuff or I shouldn't manually set them as the transport?