[Twisted-Python] t.trial.remote -- does anyone use it?

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Aug 24 23:35:11 MDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:35:18 +1000, Jonathan Lange <jonathan.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Trial currently does some black magic to support remote reporters,
>defined in t.trial.remote.  What use cases does t.trial.remote
>implement?  Does anyone actually use it?
>
>Rumour has it that it was originally written to make buildbot easier
>to write.  However, I'm told that buildbot just parses stdio output.

The reporter API should support Deferreds, but twisted.trial.remote doesn't do anything.  I don't see any reason not to delete it (it should have been deleted when all its functionality was removed).

>Let me know if you use it.  If you don't, I'll remove the code (in my
>branch) at my next hacking session :)

Be careful about letting that branch get too big or too old.  The smaller it is, the easier it will be to review and merge into trunk.  The younger it is, the less the chance it will conflict with other changes.

Jp