[Twisted-Python] What about doctest support [was: Re: Trial: The Volunteering]

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Mon Aug 22 10:59:48 MDT 2005

> I believe the main direction that Trial has to go in, to wit, removing
> all reactor-spinning calls, requires first that all Twisted unit tests
> which call wait() or deferredResult() or the like be converted to
> instead return Deferreds.

There's a couple of files in twisted.trial, doctest.py and tdoctest.py .
The first looks like a patched version of the stdlib one. What about
present and/or future support for writing tests in doctest format?

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

PHP is such a load of crap, right down to the standard library, that it
creates a culture where it's acceptable to write horrible code. [...]
Maybe with PHP 5 they are trying to clean up the neighborhood, but that
doesn't change the fact when you program in PHP you are programming in
a dump. -- Ian Bicking, July 2005