[Twisted-Python] Trial: The Volunteering

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Aug 22 06:35:39 MDT 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:47:58 -0700, Jonathan Lange <jonathan.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello Everyone.
>
>I've been off-list for a while, but I am back.  As the original author
>of Trial, I still feel partly responsible for it.  So, I would like to
>become the official maintainer of Trial again.
>
>I am _not_ planning on re-writing Trial.  Rather, I'm going to
>restrict myself to fixing bugs, doing incremental refactorings to
>clean-up the cruft and rejecting ideas for new features.
>
>I've asked Jonathan Simms (slyphon) whether he would mind.  He is more
>than happy for me to assume the mantle of Trial maintainer.
>
>Let me know if there are any objections.  Otherwise, start assigning
>trial bugs to me by default.

I'd like to talk about any big changes you'd like to make before you make them.  Trial has recently almost become just barely usable, and I'd like to keep it from slipping back at all.

Also, there is some major refactoring/rewriting that is definitely required.  If you don't want to tackle these, that's fine, but someone's going to have to.

Jp