[Twisted-Python] Re: gthreadless.py

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Tue Aug 30 10:33:37 EDT 2005

Stefano Masini wrote:

> Believe me. I'm not one of those users in the "periphery of the
> Twisted community" thinking that asynchronous programming is too hard.
> I've been writing network code for quite a while and I matured the
> idea that threads get in your way back when I still didn't know
> python.

Thanks for the example, Stefano!  I think that this serves as an
excellent counterpoint to my blog ramblings, and I think your ideas
about where using gthreadless is appropriate are right on target.

I think it might even be appropriate to include this in Twisted, with
some appropriate disclaimers about needing to understand Deferreds
*first*... what do you think?