[Twisted-Python] Trial: The Volunteering

Jonathan Lange jonathan.lange at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:28:53 EDT 2005

On 22/08/05, Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:47:58 -0700, Jonathan Lange <jonathan.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello Everyone.
> >
> >I am _not_ planning on re-writing Trial.  Rather, I'm going to
> >restrict myself to fixing bugs, doing incremental refactorings to
> >clean-up the cruft and rejecting ideas for new features.
> >
> >Let me know if there are any objections.  Otherwise, start assigning
> >trial bugs to me by default.
>
> I'd like to talk about any big changes you'd like to make before you make them.  Trial has recently almost become just barely usable, and I'd like to keep it from slipping back at all.
>
> Also, there is some major refactoring/rewriting that is definitely required.  If you don't want to tackle these, that's fine, but someone's going to have to.

I do want to tackle them, but carefully and slowly.  Like you said,
Trial has reached a local optimum of utility.

I'm more than happy to discuss big changes.  I have a largish patch
that Robert Collins and I worked on at the .au sprint.  The changes
separate dry run from the main tree, and are a step towards separating
the code that runs tests from the code that finds tests.  Tell me
where you want it mailed.

jml