[Twisted-Python] Query

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Aug 14 13:28:44 EDT 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 07:11:39 -0700 (PDT), pooja bector <pbector at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I am new to Twisted networks.I read its documentation that it is a network over which we can build network applications like chat server.
>I have queries regarding , Twisted Word chat server , written in python.
>I just know that it is available  under free BSD license.
>I want to know that is it available as a free download.Can I download the server and a compatible client ?
>are the APIs of the server available?
>How many simlutaneuos users does it support.
>Does it supports group chat and multilanguage chatting.

Twisted Words provides a server accessible via IRC and PB.  Any IRC client should be able to connect to it.  The PB interface allows for easy programmatic access.  It does support groups.  It uses unicode internally, and transcodes messages received/delivered via IRC.  The PB interface is just natively unicode.

It is written in a way intended to make it easy to plug in new access mechanisms.  For example, one such plugin that has already been written is a Nevow LivePage-based web interface.

Jp