[Twisted-Python] FTP / Common VFS Layer

Andy Gayton andy at thecablelounge.com
Thu Apr 21 20:05:15 MDT 2005

Michael Kerrin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am interested in integrating Twisted's FTP server and Zope 3.
>
>   I have seen the bug report http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue983 and it
> mentions work that was done on a common VFS layer for Twisted. I am wondering
> if this is available anywhere has I would be very interested in seeing it.

I've had a very quick glance at Stephan Richter's Zope3 book - if I
glanced right, it looks like Zope3 has it's own ftp server? - which
accesses the file system through an interface(s).  Just mentioning as
while someone is looking at both frameworks in this area, it might be
worth stealing from Zope3 for the Twisted VFS interface.

Though, the biggest hole with the sprint VFS interface is asynchronous
data transfers - which wouldn't be an issue for Zope.

Andy.