[Twisted-Python] Foreign event loop friendly reactor

Shawn Church Sl_Church at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 17 16:21:36 MDT 2005

Thanks for your work in developing this new reactor.  I just have a
couple questions:

Is it (thread) safe to call wx methods from within call/errbacks with
this reactor?  I ask because I was (based upon the example at
http://solipsis.netofpeers.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WxTwistedExample)
translating callbacks into wx.Events executed during the next wx loop
(the PostEvent function is thread safe).  If I am understanding the
threadedselectreactor.py code correctly it is "waking" the wx loop and
therefore this should not be needed since only one mainloop will be
active at a time.

Also my understanding is that the reactor.interleave function should be
called ONCE in order to provide a function to wake the foreign event
loop.  I am doing this in MyApp.OnInit() and it seems to work fine.  The
example shows this being executed in the frame's __init__ function and I
do not think this will work for multiple frames (I'm not saying there is
anything WRONG with the example,  I'm just trying to make sure I
understand the correct use of the new reactor when dealing with multiple
wxWindow objects).

I did not have any problems converting my test application to use the
new reactor,  but I wanted to clarify these items so they don't bite me
later on.

Thanks once again,

Shawn

sl_church at sbcglobal.net