[Twisted-Python] shedding root

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 19:33:28 MDT 2005

Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> You can use twistd without using plugins.  See
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/application.html.
> In fact, mktap and plugins are almost never useful any more.
Whoa.  If true, that sure doesn't come out in the docs.
The link that you reference here says:

"There are many ways in which your code will be called by
various parts of the Twisted framework by the time you're
done. The initial one we're going to focus on here is a
plug-in for the mktap utility."

So although it's almost never useful, let's focus on a
plug-in for the mktap utility.  That's cute.

- Steve