[Twisted-Python] Help with SMTP Proxy - correction

Eugene Coetzee projects at reedflute.com
Sat Apr 23 06:38:18 EDT 2005

Eugene Coetzee wrote:

>>      smtpServerFactory = ESMTPFactory()
>> smtpClientFactory = SMTPClientFactory()
>> smtpServerService = internet.TCPServer(2025, smtpServerFactory)
>> smtpServerService.setServiceParent(application)
>>
>> I've left out actually forwarding the message for now, I just want to
>> forward a test e-mail upon receipt of the message. The whole
>> structure of this program doesn't seem right to me. I thought
>> initially of trying something like adding this to the eomReceived
>> method:
>>
>> smtpForwardService = internet.TCPClient('localhost', 2030,
>> smtpClientFactory)
>> smtpForwardService.setServiceParent(application)
>>
> This is how I'm doing it.
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2005-March/009888.html
>
> Conductor instance registers a reference to both smtpServerService
> instance and smtpForwardService instance.
>
> I would call something like conductor.write(destination) from within
> the smtpServerService instance which would in turn  call  a method on
> the reference to smtpForwardService from within conductor.

<snip>
Conductor instance registers a reference to both smtpServerService
instance and smtpForwardService instance.

I would call something like conductor.write(destination) from within the
smtpServerService instance which would in turn  call  a method on the
reference to smtpForwardService from within conductor.

</snip>

should in fact read ...

Conductor instance registers a reference to both smtpServerFactory
instance and smtpClientFactory instance.

I would call something like conductor.write(destination) from within the
smtpServer instance which would in turn  call  a method on the reference
to smtpClientFactory from within conductor.

Sorry about that.

Reedflute Software Solutions

Telephone           -> +27 18 293 3236
General information -> info at reedflute.com