[Twisted-Python] FTP / Common VFS Layer

Andy Gayton andy at thecablelounge.com
Thu Apr 21 23:03:23 EDT 2005

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

> I think there may be some point in having an IFTPShell-like interface that
> maps closely to what the FTP protocol needs, and adapters to map VFS stuff
> (and even IResource for simple read-only trees) to that, but I haven't
> thought deeply about it.

For what it's worth, there's an adaptor from the sprint VFS interface
for IFTPShell, and it works ok for the bits of IFTPShell ftp is using
and not broken.  It's probably easier to adapt against IFTPShell than
ISFTPServer.

I guess the most important thing is working FTP. So long as it uses an
interface for filesystem access, whatever that is, the VFS stuff should
be able to work in with it.

Andy.