[Twisted-Python] wxpython issues

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Fri Apr 15 10:27:33 EDT 2005

Shawn Church wrote:
> I am new to twisted and also experienced problems using wxreactor.  After
> reading some earlier posts to this message list I wrote a wx.App sub-class
> that polls the reactor ONLY when the GUI requires data from twisted:

Eep!  This is definitely broken.

The simplest way to explain why is: what if you are writing a chat
program, and your GUI might need to be notified about network events at
any time?  Deferreds are just one way that Twisted can trigger events.
There are lots of other callbacks which your program might be interested in.