[Twisted-Python] Any good examples?

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Thu Apr 14 13:55:27 EDT 2005

Mel Irizarry wrote:

> I am in need of a server that will allow multiple clients to connect,
> take a MySQL Statement from the client, execute it and return the
> results to the client.  Is there a good example that I could download
> and perhaps modify?

I'm not sure how clients would be connecting, but it sounds like you
want Twisted to actually behave as a MySQL server. This is probably
going to be tricky because you're going to have to re-implement the
MySQL server-side protocol.

If having clients connect through another protocol like Perspective
Broker is an option, you could get by pretty easily. I attached a couple
of files that basically combine the twisted perspective broker and rdbms
examples.

-Ken