[Twisted-Python] Getting SSL context of protocol session

Steve Smith ssmith at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 22:37:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

How do I retrieve the SSL context for a given protocol session object?
For example, with the echo-server:

# --------
class ServerContextFactory:
    def getContext(self):
        return SSL.Context(SSL.SSLv23_METHOD)

class Echo(Protocol):
    def dataReceived(self, data):
        # I want to check the identity in the client certificate at
        # this point.  Therefore I need the current SSL context.
        self.transport.write(data)

factory = Factory()
factory.protocol = Echo
reactor.listenSSL(8000, factory, ServerContextFactory())
reactor.run()

Currently there appears to be no way of linking the context and the
protocol handler for the connection.  Is there a way around this?

Cheers,
Steve