[Twisted-Python] PB connection

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de
Thu Apr 7 10:25:10 EDT 2005

I'm trying it again...

I got a working PB server (database proxy something).

A one-time client (like Howto-simpleclient) can connect and call remote functions.

My "real" client creates a PBClientFactory at startup and connects (reactor.connectTCP).
It has its own reactor and waits for files to write them to the database.
For each query it tries to get a RootObject, but that fails with
"Connection was refused by other side: 10061: Unknown error."

Must I create a new factory or connect again for every call?

In the docs (http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/pb-usage)
it's rather confusing that the "complete example" uses TAP instead of "clean" code.

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.