[Twisted-Python] shedding root

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:43:16 EDT 2005

I've seen how the plugins created by mktap can shed root and after
binding to a port, and run as an unprivileged user...

I'd like to do this in my twisted code, but my app isn't structured as
a twisted "plugin". How can I manipulate the reactor (or whatever I
need to tweak) to drop root after binding to say, port 80?

I tried using standard python os.setuid() etc. but it just locked up
the reactor.

I looked in the API for useful material, but I was unsuccessful.

Thanks!